The 2022 award year coincides with the 2022 calendar year (shows held Jan. 1, 2022 to Dec. 31, 2022). All wins must appear on the AKC website or CKC Dogs in Canada (for Canadian Awards).
All awards must be specifically applied for: CHECK THE APPROPRIATE BOX OR BOXES!
Notice: A copy of the AKC or CKC Registration form must accompany the application for every dog to be considered for Annual Awards.
All owners must be E.S.A.A. members.
The AKC separate competitions for Bred By, Puppy and Owner/Handler do NOT qualify for these awards.
DEADLINE: Must be received on or before june 15th, 2023
E.S.A.A. JUNIOR ANNUAL AWARDS – APPLICATION FORM
Awards are tabulated for the period of January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
All wins must be covered by a membership in the E.S.A.A. — either as a Junior Membership or as part of a Family Membership.
NOTE: Please list English Setter wins only in all classes! Master Class wins will be added to the Junior’s qualifying class.
Please check the awards you are applying for. On a separate sheet, list the name of the dog, date, name of the show and the class you were entered. Ensure to attach this file.
E.S.A.A. ANNUAL AWARDS Eligibility
Owner of the dog(s) entered for the award must have paid dues as outlined in Section 13 of the E.S.A.A. Constitution. Payment must be postmarked before March 1, 2023. If postmarked after this date, all wins previous to the postmark date of that year will be discounted. (This covers old members who have not paid by March 1st and who subsequently pay.) New members count wins from the date of joining. Date to be calculated per postmark of newsletter plus thirty (30) days. The entries of new members who co-own dogs already owned by E.S.A.A. members and thus cause a gap in membership due to the co-owner joining, shall forfeit only the lapsed space. A change of membership status does not designate a new membership. All owners MUST be members of E.S.A.A.
- The award year coincides with the 2022 calendar year. (Shows held January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.) All applicable wins must appear on the AKC website (except Canadian awards).
- Dogs must be entered for a specific award to be eligible for the award.
- Application must be received by the Tabulator by the entry deadline. No awards will be tabulated after the deadline.
- DOGS SOLD MID YEAR: A membership in the E.S.A.A. must cover all wins, either buyer or seller by above date
- LEASED DOG: A membership in the E.S.A.A. must cover all wins, either membership of lessee or lessor, by above date.
- CO-OWNED DOG: All owners must be members of E.S.A.A. as above.
Annual Awards will be presented to the winners in conjunction with the E.S.A.A. National Specialty.
FROM THE TABULATOR
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN FILLING OUT THE ANNUAL AWARDS APPLICATION
- Think of the deadline for the awards as if you were sending in a show entry. We all know what they do with dog show entries that are not received by the deadline — they send them back.
- AKC REPORTS ARE THE BEST DOCUMENTATION TO USE IN YOUR APPLICATIONS.
- If you do not use AKC reports, you must list the show names/dates.
- Remember never count your dog when listing the number of dogs defeated.
- Remember to send the registration for the dog. Applications CANNOT be considered without this registration.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to mail your application.
- Canadian Exhibitors can email verification of all their wins.
- If you have questions contact me, Mary K. Iverson: TELEPHONE: 262-966-7665; Email: email@example.com
- We do NOT accept applications via email.
- If you are applying for BOS, remember to submit ALL your wins!
A COPY OF THE AKC OR CKC REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AND MUST ACCOMPANY EACH DOG’S AWARD APPLICATION
2022 Annual Awards List
- HONEYGAIT N LAMPLITER FEVER AWARD (ES of the Year): To the ES winning over the greatest number of ES as Best of Breed. For dogs defeated (DD), indicate the number of dogs defeated as Best of Breed (entry
- minus ONE). Use AKC website or store results only.
JOSEPH ROTELLA MEMORIAL AWARD:To the breede rof the winner of the Fever Award.
GOODTIMES SILK TEDDY AWARD: (BOS to ES of the Year) To the ES, opposite in sex to the ES of the Year, who defeats the greatest number of ES as Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex. (Best of Opposite Sex
computed as number of ES, same sex shown, minus one). Use AKC website or store results only.
HELEN KILGUS MEMORIAL AWARD: To the Breeder of the Best of Opposite Sex to the ES of the Year.
ROCK FALLS COLONEL AWARD: To the ES winning the most AKC Best in Shows at All Breed shows.
BREEDER OF THE WINNER OF ROCKFALLS COLONEL AWARD: To the breeder of the ES winning the Rock Falls Colonel Award.
- CANBERRA’S LEGEND AWARD: To the ES bitch who wins the most AKC Best in Shows at All Breed shows.
- SPORTING GROUP DOG: To the ES winning the most points by placing in the AKC Sporting Group.
- SPORTING GROUP BITCH: Same as above.
- STUD DOG AWARD: To the living ES who has sired the greatest number of AKC Champions to date. Dual championships to count as one. Stud dog must be living as of April 30 of the Award year. Champions must be published on the AKC website as of February 2023 or they will not be counted for this year. Use a separate sheet to list them.
- BROOD BITCH AWARD: Same as above.
- GOLD RUSH GOLD MINER BLUES AWARD: To the ES sire, living or dead, whose get win the greatest number of AKC championship points during the award year. No more than 10 minor points per dog. No points to be counted after the date of AKC Championship. Use a separate sheet to list the wins.
- DAM OF THE YEAR: Same as above
- TIMBERTRAIL RIPTIDE AWARD: To the Breeder/Owner of the English Setter winning the most points (as in BestRegional English Setter). All owners of record must be breeders of record. Use regional points in determining the award.
- BEST REGIONAL ENGLISH SETTER: To the English Setter winning the most points in one of the following regions: Canada (all of Canada), New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeastern, North Central, South Central,
North Pacific, South Pacific, West Central, East Central. Points to be determined as on the following page.
|1st – 16 points|
|2nd – 14 points|
|3rd – 12 points|
|4th – 10 points|
Breed level wins to be counted as greatest number of English Setters defeated for Best of Breed (minus one) and Best of Opposite Sex (number of ES of same sex minus one). Bonus points for the following to be added to the number of Best of Breed:
On regional awards, you must denote shows won within your region. One-third of the wins must be in the region for which you are applying for this award. Canadian shows may only be used by Canadian members for the Canadian region. The owner of the ES must reside in the region for which the dog is entered for the award, but wins may be from any region except Canada. Dogs that are co-owned by persons residing in two different regions may be entered in either region, at the discretion of the owners, but only one. Ties to be determined by total number of dogs defeated at breed level.
- WINNERS DOG: To the ES that defeats the greatest number of dogs as Winners. Each dog defeated counting as one point. Five point bonus for each major. Only Winners to count in tabulating — not Best of Winners! No win to count after the date of the AKC Championship — or more than ten minor points.
- WINNERS BITCH: Same as above.
- BRED BY EXHIBITOR DOG: To the ES dog that wins the most championship points from the BBE class. No wins to be counted after the date of the AKC Championship or more than ten minor points. Ties to be determined by total number of dogs defeated.
- BRED BY EXHIBITOR BITCH: Same as above.
- BEST PUPPY: To the ES who, as a puppy (12 months or under) this award year, won the most championship points from the puppy class. No win to count after the AKC Championship nor no more than ten minor points. Ties to be determined by total number of dogs defeated.
- OWNER/HANDLER AWARD: To the owner/handler whose ES entries (owned by said handler or immediate family) score the greatest number of points (as in the Best Regional ES). Please be accurate on your wins and list them on a separate sheet. DO NOT COUNT wins when the dog was handled by any other person. This award is for the PERSON — not the dog.
- PUPPY/DERBY FIELD TRIAL AWARD: To the ES defeating the most dogs by placing 1st through 4th in AKC Field Trials, Open and Amateur Walking Puppy and Open and Amateur Walking Derby, with one (1) bonus point for each AKC point earned. Only two (2) bonus points may be earned in each stake. Once a dog has earned two (2) points in an individual stake, he can no longer count dogs defeated in that stake. List AKC Trials, dates and placements.
- HEATHROW RAINBOW ROBBER AWARD: To the ES defeating the most dogs by placing 1st through 4th in AKC Field Trials, Open, Open Limited, Amateur and Amateur Limited and All Age Stakes with one (1) bonus point for each AKC point earned. No more than seven (7) single bonus points and a major (including 3, 4 & 5) will be counted as bonus points toward this award. No bonus points from any stake and no dogs defeated from the Open Gun Dog or Amateur Gun Dog Stakes will be counted after the official date of either an FC or AFC, except those additional wins to be credited towards the subsequent AKC Field Trial Championship. List AKC trials, dates and placements.
- OPEN OBEDIENCE:
- 1. Dog must have earned a CDX during the award year, or dog must have previously earned its title and completed in at least three trials during the award period to establish an average.
- 2. The highest average score shall win. Average score shall include all qualifying AKC trial scores during the award period.
- 3. If CDX award does not appear on the AKC website by deadline for awards, please enclose a copy of certificate. Use a separate sheet to list all qualifying scores.
|Best in All Breed Show – 20 pts.|
|Group I – 16 pts.|
|Group III – 12 pts.|
|Group II – 14 pts.|
|Group IV – 10 pts.|
- UTILITY OBEDIENCE:
- 1. Dog must have earned a UD during the award year, or dog must have previously earned its title and competed in at least three trials during the award period to establish an average.
- 2. The highest average score shall win. Average score shall include all qualifying AKC trial scores during the award period.
- 3. If UD award does not appear on the AKC website by the deadline for awards, please enclose a copy of certificate. Use a separate sheet to list all qualifying scores.
- WINNIE HANSEN: 1. Dog must have been awarded the CD title during the award period. If the CD award has not appeared on the AKC website by the deadline for the awards, please enclose a copy of the certificate. 2. The highest average score shall win (Average score shall be comprised from one to three of the first qualifying legs). No scores to count after date of CD. Use a separate sheet to record wins.
- OPEN AGILITY AWARD: Awarded to the dog who wins the most points (ESAA system) competing in Novice through Excellent A levels (Regular and Preferred). Points are not counted after title has been earned and are counted for only qualifying runs. POINTS SHALL BE AWARDED FOR QUALIFYING RUNS ONLY. (Q)
|1 pt. – Novice Standard Preferred||1 pt. – Novice Jumpers Preferred|
|2 pts. – Novice Standard||2 pts. – Novice Jumpers|
|3 pts. – Open Standard Preferred||3 pts. – Open Jumpers Preferred|
|4 pts. – Open Standard||4 pts. – Open Jumpers|
|5 pts. – Excellent A Standard Preferred||5 pts. – Excellent A Jumpers Preferred|
|6 pts. – Excellent A Standard||6 pts. – Excellent A Jumpers|
25. MASTER AGILITY AWARD: Awarded to the dog who wins the most points (ESAA system) in either Master or Master Jumpers with Weaves (Regular or Preferred). Points are not counted after title has been earned and are counted for only qualifying runs. POINTS SHALL BE AWARDED FOR QUALIFYING RUNS ONLY (Q)
|1 pt. – Master Preferred||1 pt. – Master Jumpers Preferred|
|2 pts. – Master||2 pts. – Master Jumpers|
|4 pts. – Double Q Preferred||4 pts. Double Q|
|5 pts. – 2nd place in the class (standard & jumpers)|
|10 pts. – 1st place in the classes (standard & jumpers)|
ENGLISH SETTER ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA — CANADIAN AWARDS
Eligibility: Same as U.S. Awards. Awards compiled from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012 Canadian shows. Applicants must submit verification of all wins.
1. BEST CANADIAN ENGLISH SETTER: To the ES (American or Canadian) winning the most points at Canadian shows for Group and Best in Show wins. To be tabulated as follows:
|Best in Show – 5 pts.|
|Group II – 3 pts.|
|Group III – 2 pts.|
|Group IV –1 pt.|
Highest win per show to determine the number of points. Ties decided by number of dogs defeated.