GUIDELINES FOR THYROID SCREENING
- Dogs MUST be at least one year of age to be thyroid screened.
- Bitches should NOT be screened while in estrus.
- Dogs must NOT be on thyroid medication.
- If supplements are used, especially those with Kelp, DISCONTINUE 1 week prior to testing. KELP can distort test results.
- Dogs should not be vaccinated within one month of screening.
- Sample needs to be drawn after 8-10 hours fast. (Fasting is not required but highly recommended.)
Thyroid samples will be submitted to Michigan State University for evaluation. Results will be confidential. A copy of the results will be mailed to the owner. Results will be sent to OFA Thyroid Registry. Thyroid screening is needed to get a CHIC number.
The Health Clinic Registration form needs to be completed, one form for each dog. Your registration and appointment time will be confirmed by email.
Volunteers are always welcome and needed for the Heath Clinic, Contact Paula Spiering if you can spare some time to help out.
Paula Spiering – 16670 W. Harmony Court, New Berlin, WI 53151 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: October 11, 2023
Health Clinic is October 25, 2023 8:00am-2:00pm
Appointment times will be sent out via email after reservations are received, PLEASE ARRIVE 10 MINUTS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
ONE FORM PER DOG.